Establishment of the Strategic Headquarters for Industrial Revival and Employment Measures
November 12, 2002
- In order to accelerate the disposal of non-performing loans of financial institutions while advancing structural reform in step with the revival of industry centered on industrial reorganization and the rapid revival of businesses, as well as employment measures centered on the creation of new employment and assistance for skills development, the Strategic Headquarters for Industrial Revival and Employment Measures (hereinafter referred to as "the Headquarters") shall be established within the Cabinet.
- The Headquarters shall be composed of the following members. However, the Chief of Headquarters may request the attendance of relevant persons when deemed necessary.
|Deputy-Chiefs:||Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare, Minister of State for Financial Services, Minister of State for Economic and Fiscal Policy, Minister of State for the Industrial Revitalization Corporation (Provisional Name), Minister of Public Management, Home Affairs, Posts and Telecommunications, Minister of Finance, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, and Chief Cabinet Secretary|
|Members: ||All other Ministers of State|
(Note) The Meetings of the Headquarters shall be attended by the Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretaries (both parliamentary and administrative).
- A Secretary shall be appointed within the Headquarters. The Secretary shall be a civil servant of one of the relevant administrative organizations and holding an appointment designated by the Chief of Headquarters.
- The Chief of Headquarters, where necessary, may call upon the experts and request a statement of views.
- The administrative affairs of the Headquarters shall be handled by the Cabinet Secretariat with the assistance of the Cabinet Office as well as with the cooperation of the relevant administrative organizations, including the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare and other ministries.
- In addition to the items outlined above, any matters pertaining to the operations of the Headquarters and any other necessary matters shall be decided upon by the Chief of Headquarters.
- The Headquarters for Industrial Structural Reform and Employment Measures, which was established within the Cabinet by Cabinet decision on May 11, 2001, shall be abolished.