Establishment of the Global Warming Prevention Headquarters
Cabinet Decision, December 19, 1997
Partial Amendment, June 19, 1998
Partial Amendment, December 12, 2000
Partial Amendment, February 5, 2002
The Global Warming Prevention Headquarters (hereinafter referred to as "the Headquarters") shall be established within the Cabinet on December 19, 1997 with the aim of steadily implementing the Kyoto Protocol adopted at the Third Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP3) and to comprehensively advance concrete and effective measures for the prevention of global warming.
- The Headquarters shall be composed of the following members. The Chief of Headquarters may request the attendance of relevant persons when deemed necessary.
|Deputy-Chief:||Chief Cabinet Secretary
Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
Minister of the Environment
|Members:||All other Ministers of State|
|(Note) Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretaries (both parliamentary and administrative) shall attend the meeting of the Headquarters.|
- A Secretary shall be appointed within the Headquarters. The Secretary shall be a civil servant of one of the relevant administrative organizations and holding an appointment designated by the Chief of Headquarters.
- The Chief of Headquarters may request a Joint Conference of Relevant Advisory Councils on Domestic Measures Addressing Global Warming (hereinafter "Joint Conference") in regard to the advancement of measures against global warming. The Chief of Headquarters may also hold a meeting attended by the members of the Headquarters and the Joint Conference.
- The administrative affairs of the Headquarters shall be handled by the Cabinet secretariat, with the cooperation of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Ministry of the Environment.
- In addition, any matters pertaining to the operations of the Headquarters and any other necessary matters shall be decided upon by the Chief of Headquarters.