Interim Report of Implementation Plan for Reform of Administration-Commissioned Public Service Corporations (Subsidiary-related) [Summary]
1. Reform of Subsidies for Public Service Corporations|
|2. Improvement of Transparency of Subsidies for Public Service Corporations ("New Rules")|
In line with the compilation of the "Interim Report," "New Rules (subsidiary-related)" have been formulated with the following content.
- Regarding subsidies related to the "Third-Party Distribution" and "Subsidy-dependence"
- Disclosure of the degree to which reform has been accomplished (dissemination via Internet)
Strict examination of policy necessities (implementation of policy assessment every three to five years)
- Strict examination of policy necessities (implementation of policy assessment every three to five years)
- Regarding all subsidies for all public service corporations, disclosure via Internet of information about the amounts, summary of projects and primary uses of subsidies and how recipients of subsidies are chosen.
* It is envisaged that these new rules will be adopted by Cabinet Decision at the end of FY2001, together with an overall implementation plan that includes rules related to inspections and will be implemented by each ministry and agency.