1st Day of the Visit to the US; and Japan-China Summit Meeting
Prior to the Summit scheduled to begin from September 22, Prime Minister Hatoyama held talks with Mr. Hu Jintao, President of the People's Republic of China, at a hotel in New York City.
During the meeting, Prime Minister Hatoyama extended congratulations for China's 60th anniversary as a nation, and expressed his intention to make the mutually beneficial relationship based on common strategic interests with China even more substantial. On the topic of the East Asian community that the Prime Minister advocates, Prime Minister Hatoyama stated that he hoped to build the community based on the relationship of trust which will be realized by acknowledging and overcoming the differences between Japan and China.
President Hu stated that he "regards Japan's positive attitude highly," referring to Japan's decision to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 25% compared to 1990 by 2020. The President also requested that Prime Minister Hatoyama attend a trilateral summit meeting among Japan, China, and the Republic of Korea, planned for this year in Beijing, China.
- 2nd Day of the Visit to the US / United Nations Summit on Climate Change / Meeting with the Secretary-General of the United Nations (The Prime Minister in action)
- 3rd Day of the Visit to the US / Japan-US, Japan-Russia, Japan-Australia, Japan-ROK Summit Meetings (The Prime Minister in action)
- 4th Day of the Visit to the US / UN Security Council Summit on Nuclear Non-proliferation and Nuclear Disarmament / Address at the 64th Session of the UN General Assembly / Pittsburgh G-20 Summit (September 25, 2009) (The Prime Minister in action)
- 5th Day of the Visit to the US / Pittsburgh G-20 Summit / Press Conference, etc. (September 26, 2009) (The Prime Minister in action)
- Japan-China Relations (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)